Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Where it all started

My life started May 25, 1991 because that's when I was born. But where it really started is September 21, 2012. That day has forever changed my life in so many ways and I could never forget it ever! To give a little background of myself, I grew up in good old California! My parents moved me to Utah in 9th grade and I only stayed here a couple years before moving back to California to graduate with friends I grew up with. I ended up going to back up to Utah to go to cosmetology school to escape a few different things back in CA! But that's a whole other story! Anyway, I got pregnant right before I graduated and had the most beautiful daughter December 28, 2010. I married the dad a couple months later and we were divorced very shortly after in the summer of 2012. (Again, another long story!) As I was figuring out my life and was NO where near wanting to get married again, I was looking for a job on a nice September 21st evening. As I was writing goals down of where I wanted to be, I became really lonely. I thought to myself "Am I going to be alone forever?,  No one is going to want me now that I have a baby." I never really thought of all these things until now. All I focused on was getting out of a bad marriage. Now here I was thinking I was going to have to make a career, have one kid and be alone forever. I knew there had to be guys that would want to marry me even with a kid. Maybe I could marry someone with kids too. But where would I meet someone. The first thing that pops in my mind is that my mom met her now husband online. I figured I would give it a shot. What else did I have to lose right? I just thought I would be completely honest about my situation and you could like it or leave! So I get on this dating site, and I'm completely embarrassed because only losers go on dating websites right?! I always make fun of people that say, "We met at eHarmony" and here I am doing the same thing. But I had nothing to lose and if it didn't work, I wouldn't tell a soul. So as I'm scrolling around the first person I see is Brady Hansen. I thought he was a pretty cute guy, so I clicked on his page. I was shocked! He has the LONGEST biography about himself. To make it short, it just said "I'm an honest guy, looking for someone to make my forever. I don't want to waste any time. If you're not for me, you're not for me and we will leave it at that and part ways." This whole long thing about him and how he is and stuff. At the bottom he writes his number and says "If you're interested, text me and we can take it from there!" So, I grab my phone and text him. It was pretty late at night, so I figured he wouldn't text me back until the next day. And he ended up texting me the next morning!



I had to show the picture I sent to him! I know it's not my best, but he couldn't just like me for my good looks! We texted for a couple weeks non stop. We asked each other millions of questions and stayed up late texting. We never talked on the phone for some reason. I'm not sure why we never did. But one day we were texting and he said that I should come visit him at his work and meet him. I had to act super busy obviously, so I told him I would try to make it there if I had time (you know, doing nothing!) I ended up leaving Brooklynn with my mom and went to meet this guy I've been talking to for two weeks. Honestly, I was really scared to meet him. He was amazing to me while we were texting, but what if he wasn't like I thought he would be or what if he was a dweeb! I was so nervous while I was driving and I got lost, which isn't a surprise. I finally get there and he was walking outside and my stomach just dropped. He was FINE as fine could be!! We talked for about an hour outside and then he said his ride was leaving (his car just happened to be in the shop) so I told him I could take him home. We had the best time talking and as we got closer to his house I didn't want to drop him off. I was seriously in LOVE. Just kidding, but I was really into him! I honestly didn't think I would be good enough for anyone ever again and he made me feel like the most amazing, and special person in the world. And it keeps getting better. The night before Halloween, he came to my house with roses, 1 fake, and said, "If you'll be mine, I'll love you as long as this rose lives." I know it's super cheesy but I loved it!






We got serious pretty fast. I knew pretty quick that he was who I wanted to be with forever. He has every single quality I wanted in my husband and MORE. I didn't know a man was capable of loving as much as he did. He gave me confidence again, and self worth when it was gone. He always made me feel special and beautiful when I didn't think I was! We got married February 2, 2013. It was absolutely the best decision I ever made. And I would make it again and again and again!





1 comment: