Monday, November 4, 2013

You're Insecure Too?

One thing I'm extremely grateful for in my life; my parents taught me to love and accept everyone for who they are. Granted, I've made my share of mistakes and I'm an not even close to being perfect. But we live in a world where "pretending" to be perfect is so common. I see it a lot in everyone, but notice it in so many women. I could ask each one of you to raise your hand if you've ever betrayed, gossiped about, or hurt another girl in your lifetime and every single hand would go up. We all have done it and still possibly do it. I feel like it has a lot to do with each of us feeling insecure and not good enough for the world.
I was reading on Oprah about women betraying each other and there are several reasons why we do it. Self hatred is one of the biggest ones. We see things in other people that we refuse to see in ourselves. Another thing is we care so much about ourselves and making ourselves sound as amazing as can be, and when someone else does that, it's annoying right? We end up not wanting to be around that person, and eventually gossip about them. We think they are the selfish ones, when we, presumably act the same way. We as women, don't honor who we are! We should embrace what we have and run with it. There is NO ONE in the world quite like you. We are all different.
We all have imperfections, and things we dislike about ourselves. I have one I've struggled with my entire life. I have a lisp. People that know me well, know that I don't like it much at all. It's not a bad one though. In fact, everyone that has talked to me about it has said how much they love it. It makes me who I am. But I'm insecure about it. When I first meet someone, I think all they notice is that I don't talk normal. It must be an over exaggerated feeling, because I swear they lose focus about everything I'm saying and look directly at my tongue sticking out every time I say the letter S! It's so silly, I know! But I feel judged right then. It got so bad at one point, usually when I'm feeling really bad about myself, that I wouldn't go to any parties or get togethers. Especially if it was a loud environment. That was when I could hear myself the most. This is a challenge I've had to live with my entire life. I've had to accept who I was as a person and know that there is so much more to me than that silly lisp I have. I had to accept that if people didn't like me would make fun of my lisp. They would mimic me and say things I would say with an S. I also had to accept that people would ask me about it, and ask me why I talked the way I did. Before I could do any of that, I had to learn to love myself. As long as I loved the person I was, I wouldn't be bothered by what people said to me or about me. 

This is what we as women all have to do! Learn to love ourselves as individuals!! We all struggle with something that we hate to accept. But before you can really learn to love yourself, you have to open that can of worms, and eat it all gone! Haha. Not really! Learning to love yourself, you first have to accept the good and the bad about you. Care for yourself the way you would care for someone else. You deserve it. Take care of yourself! It's so important to get ready everyday and feel good about yourself. These are steps we can all make to learn to accept and love who we are and be the person we want to be friends with. That's the most important thing to remember. I hate to say that my parents were right, but you are who your friends are.  

Be who you want to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment